There are so many hair care products and recommendations that it can sometimes seem very complicated. But what does it really take to keep our hair healthy?
Table of Contents
The 5 pillars to keep hair healthy
The basic hair care is:
- Wash as regularly as necessary . For example, it is advisable to wash normal hair three times a week, at least. On the other hand, if they are greasy or have dermatitis , they can be washed more frequently.
- Moisturize the hair. It is recommended to do it at least once a week. To achieve this, you can apply a suitable mask or serum.
- Brush the hair once a day . The most convenient thing is that the hair is dry and that we brush it gently. If we have to do it when it is still wet, it is recommended to use a wide-toothed comb to avoid breaking the fibers.
- Dry the hair respectfully. To avoid excessive rubbing on the hair, you can use a microfiber towel or, even better, directly air-dry it.
- Specific hair treatments . It is important to follow the indications of the dermatologist and maintain the prescribed treatment if this is our case.
Exercise and diet, keys to beautiful hair
Stress and the type of food we eat are directly related to hair health. But what can be done to improve this?
On the one hand, the practice of physical exercise several days a week is very beneficial against stress, helping to prevent telogen effluvium that causes sudden hair loss after a stressful moment, specifically after three months.
On the other hand, to improve the health of our hair, our diet should include more vegetables and fruits, and avoid the consumption of products that contain too much saturated fat or sugar.
Precautions with the use of dye in sensitive hair
Coloring at home can be very complicated, especially when deciding which product to use to cover gray hair or change the color. If the scalp is particularly sensitive, due to dermatitis or an inflammatory disease, the use of color baths or semi-permanent products that contain moisturizing agents , such as oils of vegetable origin, is recommended.
Beware of cosmetic allergens!
Paraphenylenediamine , or PPD for short , is one of the components of dyes that can cause allergic reactions in some people. Therefore, it is preferable to choose a product that does not contain this substance.
Likewise, ammonia, resorcinol, parabens, and nonoxynol can also cause scalp irritation or dry out hair, so avoid them as well.
Also Read : Healthy And Beautiful Hair