A girl’s Vanity Table is an essential part of her beauty routine. Believe me, the right one can do a lot for you. From easy access to the efficiency required on a rushed morning, and even to safe-keep your expensive makeup products and beloved jewelry, vanity tables can do it all – even brightening up your room, changing the aesthetics of your personal space, dramatically! If you’re planning on remodeling your bathroom, whether it’s vernacular or contemporary, a vanity will definitely add an exclusive edge to it.
But how do you choose the right one? This isn’t an easy question, so it’s important to know that there are some things you need to take into consideration before purchasing a vanity table. The first and most important question you need to ask yourself is what is your main concern. Still not sure? Well, luckily I’ve written a comprehensive guide to help you make the best decision:
Table of Contents
If space is a problem, you should consider measuring the height, width, and depth of your existing vanity. It’s imperative to measure your bathroom floor to check if your desired structure will fit in the current space. Also, don’t forget about the dimensions occupied by opening the doors and drawers of the vanity unit, as having to close your room door to open a drawer is a deal-breaker if you want a beautiful and practical space.
A good solution would be to consider sets with tri-fold mirrors and full wall vanities. This will add the benefit of being easy to move around the house, as needed. Alternatively, you can also make use of a corner to create your very own “vanity corner”. That way, you can benefit from certain vertical spaces to store your complete makeup and commodities collection.
Choosing between single and double vanity can be tricky. The decision largely depends upon the availability of space in your bathroom or bedroom. Double Vanities work really well with couples, especially on those busy mornings, where both want to look as fresh as they can. They are ideal for a master bathroom where space is aplenty. On the other hand, the single sink works just as fine for a powder room or a guest bathroom, where space is usually scarcer.
Always remember to measure first and decide later. The common measures of bathroom vanities are available in varying widths of 24”, 30”, 36”, 42”, 48”, 60” and 72”.The 24’’ is perfect for tiny guest bathrooms. The 36” vanity usually comes with drawers and cabinets for storing the basic toiletries and works well in most guest bathrooms.
On the other hand, the 42”, 48″, 60″, and 72″ vanities provide enough space to be used by two people in a master bathroom. Actually, a vanity with customized storage spaces would be ideal to serve your purpose in this matter.
Now,if you’re thinking about having two sinks, make sure you have enough space to store the pipes and your personal supplies! If not, you can easily get a supply cabinet. The 60” unit is not only spacious enough to accommodate two sinks with drawers and cabinets but it also has decent counter space. Unless you have an alternative spot to store the essential supplies, it is advisable to go in for a single sink with this width.
You should choose the material of your vanity on the basis of where you plan to place it. They usually run in a wide range of styles and configurations, giving you plenty of options to choose in terms of design, dimensions, color and edge treatment. Here’s a list of a few colors that might go along just fine with your bathroom or bedroom style:
- White Countertop: Materials like quartz, premium granite, and solid white are the best option if you’re a fan of the ageless old-white. Quartz, with its clean lines and contemporary style, is a hot favorite with homemakers.
- Tan Countertop: Kashmir white and golden sand works stunningly well with traditional vanity tops where the range usually includes granite.
- Grey Countertop: Timeless and classy! There’s no denying it. There are endless possibilities, from Bianco Antico Granite to Coastal Grey Caesarstone Quartz to Pietra Cardoso Slate, among others.
This is one of the most important features to take into account. The fact is that it all comes down to individual preferences. Attractive white, black and grey hues, as well as wood finishes, might be a good option. They usually add a touch of subdued elegance to your bathroom space, as well as creating an overall tone of purely natural light and making it seem a wider space. If you enjoy following the trends, here are the most popular colors this year:
- Black: It’s known for being luxurious. Trust me, if you want to pull a classic look in your space, you’ll make a bold statement by choosing a black vanity.
- Grey: The ultimate neutral. Grey has been the underdog since the times of the Renaissance. I recommend a palette of charcoal glaze, Emma Dove grey, French grey, chilled grey, and grayish-blue, as they will add a certain grace and interest to your personal space.
- White: A timeless appeal. It will provide your bathroom a certain elegance as well as the feeling of sleek accents and clean lines. Perfect for creating a well-lighted bathroom with natural light. Madison and Brooks white, Emma white or French white can be a good option for you!
- Wood: If you’re a fan of an organic vibe or you just enjoy some antique details, wood is pretty hard to resist. It adds a rustic and classic look to your personal space. If you try tones like dark espresso, tobacco, restored khaki wood, natural walnut, antique brown or maple, you’ll surely reach that ratton/wood finish you’ve been craving for.
- Silver: Silver and a lot of other swanky shades can create an incredible semblance that is at once modern and distinctly smooth, bringing a magnanimous splendor to your bathroom.
There is a wide range of vanity unit designs. Now that we have the important concerns to consider all taken care of, here are the most popular designs for the ones who are thinking about changing the entire visual of their bathroom.
- Contemporary: Simple and clean. It goes along perfectly in a wide variety of bathrooms.
- Traditional: Who says traditional isn’t the way to go? Classic designs with detailed elements, such as panel doors, ornate carvings, and rich wood are the perfect choice if you’re a fan of vintage furniture. It will definitely offer a lot of character and timeless elegance to your room or bathroom.
- Rustic: Casual and moody. It will highlight the natural beauty of raw materials, such as wood, iron, and stone.
Making the final decision
Of course, your decision should be based on the many factors we’ve been talking about, such as the cost, size of the bathroom, ease of installation, storage, among many others. A bathroom is considered a very practical space, where we, most of the time, don’t sit in just to enjoy it. That’s why when designing one, practicality usually comes first. But that doesn’t mean having a space that goes along with your personality won’t brighten your spirits every time you walk in there! So, at the end of the day, and even though these tips will surely help you out, it all resumes to personal taste!