Earrings are more than just pieces of jewellery. They are a fashion statement—an expression and extension of yourself—the variety of options that are available leaves so much to the imagination.
Silver earrings are the rage nowadays, as it provides a classy vibe to both your everyday wear and formal wear.
Why Wear Them
The reasons vary from not feeling bare of accessories, to wowing a crowd. And just like with rings, you can leave them on even while you sleep and take a bath.
Since earrings can range from small and simple to big and elaborate, they are suitable for those who want to keep their look elegant but not too flashy. They also work for those who wish to go for the extremely extravagant look.
Kinds of Earrings
There are two main types of earrings: pierce or non-pierce. For those who do not want any wounds on their ear, one could choose among selections of clip earrings or ear cuffs. It could be one or two pieces that can occupy a small part of the ear or the entire curve of the outer ear.
For those who are brave enough to have a piercing or two, several more options are available.
- Stud – creates an illusion of a floating piece of ornament on your ear (particularly a jewel encased in metal and connected to a rod that needs a closure)
- Barbell – a rod with both ends looking the same but with one end as a plug/closure
- Drop – usually has a droplet-shaped accent (gem, glass, or some other material) at the end that hangs by a thread-like rod or string, varying in length from short to very long.
- Dangle – It usually looks like a stud earring with materials dangling from it. Designs and lengths range from an inch to more elaborate pieces that reach just above the shoulder.
- Chandelier – like a drop and dangle earring but features a broader, more intricate multi-level design.
- Hoop – can be circular or semi-circular in shape.
- Huggies – It may be similar to a circle in form but is more compact and closer to the ear. It also has a chunkier, more elaborate design.
- Body piercing used as earrings – includes barbells, spikes, flesh tunnels, and earplugs.
You can also consider the type of silver earrings you want when you’re deciding where they will be placed. Here are possible placements for your jewellery on your ear:
- Conch Rook
Usually, when attaching silver earrings to some parts of the ear, you might decide on a hoop, or you can use studs or barbells when it is applicable.
It is helpful to know that besides making ornament prices affordable, those with added alloys and plated ones can be a way to wear certain types of metals you are naturally allergic to. You have to know if you are tolerant of certain ones at smaller amounts and find those that fit the description of safe for you.
If you do not want to take risks, and you want to go for a natural choice, make sure that you only buy surgical grade and nickel-free silver earrings while taking note of the purity of some of the other metals mentioned above.
Last but not least, you should also be mindful of the closure type of your earrings. It will depend on the material and design, but safety is of utmost concern, especially if you do not want to lose your investment in unexpected ways.