If you no longer feel comfortable with your new hairstyle and long for your long mane, you need one thing above all: patience!
How Fast Does Hair Grow?
Our hair grows about 0.3 to 0.4 millimeters (1 to 1.5 centimeters per month) per day and not at the same time. About 15 percent of our head of hair is in a resting phase, while the other hairs grow in a constantly cyclical process. So we differentiate in three phases.
- Phase 1 is the growth phase , which lasts around two to six years. During this phase, hair grows about an inch a month.
- Phase 2 is the transition phase , which lasts around two weeks. During this time the hair stops growing and separates from the hair root.
- Phase 3 is the resting phase , which lasts around two to four months. In this phase the hair is completely separated from the hair root and no longer receives any nutrients, which means that it falls out. After about four months, the hair follicle regenerates and new hair begins to grow.
And here the question arises: is this hair growth going to accelerate or not? Basically, our hair growth is genetically determined. However, there are some ways in which we can influence our body or the hair roots in such a way that we ensure that the hair is constantly getting longer.
What A Balanced Diet Can Do
Proteins, copper, silicon, vitamins A, B, C and E. Omega-3 fatty acids and minerals (iron, zinc, selenium, magnesium) are important for healthy and beautiful hair .
Which foods contain which valuable substances?
- Proteins: Lentils, pumpkin seeds, almonds, spelled, oats, millet
- copper :Matjes, grapes, avocado, cashew nuts
- Vitamin E:. Walnuts, sunflower seeds, olive oil
- silicon :Trace element for skin, hair and nails, found in millet, oats and nettle
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Chia seeds, herring, salmo
Healthy Lifestyle And Little Stress
If body and soul are not in harmony, it makes us sick and can also have a negative effect on hair growth. Taking your time and indulging in some rest, doing sports or taking a deep breath on a walk, recharging your batteries and strength – all of this is essential.
Alcohol in excess is not only harmful to our brain cells, it also slows down the metabolism and thus restricts the supply of nourishment to the hair roots. Getting enough sleep is also important. Here it can be at least seven hours a night.
Proper Hair And Scalp Care
Good blood circulation in the scalp is essential because it stimulates the hair follicles in which the hair roots are formed. You can achieve this with one to two minutes of vigorous brushing every day and with an intensive scalp massage. A scalp tonic that contains caffeine, biotin and mint is recommended here. These substances work particularly well.
The handling of existing hair should also be particularly careful. Here it is important to avoid overuse and the resulting hair breakage. Otherwise, the well-grown hair will quickly be shorter again.
Nourishing masks and shampoos with aloe vera and rich argan oil care for the hair structure and counteract split ends .
Home remedies include head massages and hair treatments with olive and castor oil, as well as packs with nettle stock, which additionally build up the hair.
When The Hormonal Balance Is Disturbed
If hair growth is very poor despite all care and a healthy lifestyle, an underactive thyroid could also be responsible. Certain hormones that ensure a smooth metabolism are not released here, which can lead to inhibited hair growth or even hair loss. A test at the doctor’s clarification and appropriate medication usually provides a remedy.
But the pill could also be the culprit in hormone fluctuations and disrupt hair growth. In this case, a visit to the gynecologist usually helps.
Genetics can only be outwitted to a limited extent. So there are no real miracle cures. However, a balanced diet, a healthy lifestyle and gentle hair care have a positive effect on hair growth.
Also Read : Hair Colors And Types Of Hair Colors In 2020